Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Leading Edge Internals (1)

1 hour

The last thing to do before riveting the forward skin was to run all the wires and tubing for the pitot/static system and lighting.  The pitot/static lines went per the plans.  For the wiring, I drilled out each of the tooling holes in the ribs to 3/8" and then installed plastic bushings.  I ran tubing through the bushings, and then the wires through the tubing.  Everything worked out pretty well!  For reference, since it took me a while to.figure out what to order, the parts I used were:

Shielded Tefzel Wire - 18ga 2 conductor (for the landing lights)
Shielded Tefzel Wire - 22ga 4 conductor (for the wingtop lights)





While I was at it, and before I forgot, I replaced the bolts through the wing attach block with bolts one side longer than the plans called for.  That was per the feedback I got on my wing inspection a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment