Friday, January 20, 2012

Spar channels (2.5)

2.5 hours

Finished forming the spar channels and drilled a bunch of holes

Completed spar channels with pilot holes.
This is about what the stabilator structure will look like when it's together.  This is the right side.
I can tell this is going to take a lot of messing around to get everything aligned nice and straight.  I'll probably need some more clamps too!
Alright I guess this is officially my first goof.  I realized once I looked at how everything goes together that I should not have drilled the middle hole in the second row of holes shown here.  Since they were rows of three everywhere else on this part, I just mindlessly drilled three there as well.  Whoops!  It doesn't seem like a very big deal, but I'll have to make sure that it won't cause any problems later.  Worst case I'll have to redo these two spar channels, and I have enough channel stock left over, so I'm not too depressed about it.
Note: I asked Sonex about this extra hole and they said it won't affect anything.  Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment