Monday, February 11, 2019

Aft Spar Carry-Through Installation (3)

3 hours

With the holes that fix the wings in position drilled, it was just a matter of getting everything riveted in place.  I pulled the aft spar carry-through out, and disassembled what wasn't already riveted previously, and deburred everything.  I riveted the shear angle on the bottom edge before reinstalling everything.


Riveting the shear web to the fuselage crossmember was pretty tedious given the lack of space, but it wasn't too hard.


I then reinstalled the attach angles and riveted them to the side skins.


Done!  I ended up swapping the long elevator pushrod to the left side of the idler because it cleared the hole better on that side, but otherwise I didn't run into any isssues.


No comments:

Post a Comment