Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Fuel/Oil Lines (5)

5 hours

I still had a couple of lines left to do, starting with the fuel supply line.  The plans call for hard lines here, but after reading about the possibility of the lines getting bent and cracking open in an accident, I decided to just use the leftover flexible line I had from the engine instead.  Here's the line from the firewall to the AeroInjector; I later went back and added a fire sleeve over this line.


The line from the shutoff valve to the firewall is pretty much the same:


Next, I installed the Peter Anson check valve in the fuel vent fitting.  It took some finagling, but I got the existing line to connect to a new 90-degree fitting installed on top of this fitting.  It just barely fit under the windshield!!


Finally, I did this oil line from the pump to the engine case.  I originally thought it would be handy to put a bulkhead fitting on the baffle and make two separate lines, but I found that there wasn't enough space to bend the line properly to connect the bulkhead fitting to the fitting on the front of the engine.  This was the best I could do, but I found that the line sticks up too high and hits the cowl!


I re-did it as a single line passing through a grommet in the baffle, and that worked a lot better.  I also put a fire sleeve over the lower part since it's pretty close to the exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment