Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Forward Fuselage, part 5 (4.5)

4.5 hours
 
Continuing on the aft spar tunnel web, I got all the new holes updrilled and dimpled/countersunk.  It'll be a lot of flush rivets!


Next I had to go back and countersink the holes on the aft side panel vertical, where this thing will attach to.  Since the verticals are already riveted to the side panels, I had to use my hand drill instead of the drill press.  I could still use the microstop to do the inboard holes, but the outboard holes were too close to the wall.  I used this extension that came with my hand deburr tool and it worked perfectly.  I forgot I even had that extension until I saw Ryan Roth's blog entry where he did the exact same thing!



Next I updrilled the floor and firewall, and removed all the big sheets for deburring!



No comments:

Post a Comment