Sunday, November 19, 2017

Forward Fuselage, part 7 (2)

2 hours

I installed all the bolts at the forward end of the fuselage.  I put the bolts in at the front lower corners even though they go through the floor skin, but I just used plain hardware store (not nylock) nuts so they'll be easier to remove later.  I only did this because I'm running out of 3/16" clecos.  If I didn't mention this before, I'm not going to permanently install the floor skin until much later!





At the junction of the forward and aft fuselage, I prepared all the holes for bolts but didn't install them yet.  I'll need to split the fuselage apart later to get this thing out of the basement.


After that I riveted on the firewall except for the bottom edge (since that overlaps with the floor skin).


No comments:

Post a Comment