Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Decals & Placards (3)

 3 hours

There were still a few things I needed to add to the plane to make it legal.  First, I bought the required data placard to mount below the left stabilator.  I could have probably made one myself for cheap, but this one turned out really nice.  I bought it here: https://www.experimentalaccessories.com/


Next I put the registration in a little document holder and attached that in the cockpit.  Here's the document holder that I used.


Finally, I had to make some decals for the tail number and required "experimental" label.  I used my wife's Cricut and some black vinyl to produce these decals.  It was pretty simple after a little trial and error.  The font I used is called AmarilloUSAF.

Eventually I will paint or vinyl the whole plane and make new numbers, but these will work until then!







No comments:

Post a Comment