Monday, July 5, 2021

Fuel Vent Relocation (1)

 1 hour

Before I could install the gear leg fairings, I had to move the fuel vent outlet.  I pretty much guessed where to place it when I first ran the vent line a long time ago, and of course it ended up being in just the wrong spot.  I was hoping I could pull the aluminum line back up through the hole and finagle it through a new hole, but I with all the slight little bends and stuff in the line, I couldn't budge it back up into the cockpit.  I ended up having to cut the line inside the fuselage and then splice in a new little piece using a short piece of rubber fuel line.  It's not as clean as it was but I couldn't figure out any other way to do it!

Original vent location

Here's how I relocated it inside

New location that clears the fairing

I cut the end of the vent at a 45 and also drilled a tiny hole in the back side in case it somehow gets clogged from a bug or something


No comments:

Post a Comment