Sunday, October 24, 2021

Cowl Fine Tuning (2)

2 hours

I had already cut a notch into the right side gear leg fairing for this, but after installing the cowl I realized I needed to make a little more room in order to install and remove the lower cowl pin with the gear leg fairings on.


I also filed down some sharp edges and corners that were close to the prop, since I found it tricky to get the cowl on and off without poking the backside of the prop with the cowl.  You can see here where the front of the cowl sits compared to the prop hub.  The temporary spacer I have installed moves the prop forward 1/2" and it's already kind of challenging, so once that spacer is gone I'll have to be even more careful when installing and removing the cowl in order to not scratch up the prop!



No comments:

Post a Comment