Sunday, October 24, 2021

RPM Sensor Input Swap (2)

2 hours

I didn't really want to do this, but I need the G3X to record engine time, so I had get my RPM sensor swapped back to the RPM1 input!  The problem was when I switched from the original alternator lead input to the Hall effect sensor, I did a bad job extracting the old D-sub pin and messed up the RPM1 terminal on the J243 connector that plugs into the GEA 24.  That's why I've been just using RPM2.

So, in order to fix this, I had to crawl under the panel and extract all 17 pins I had installed in that connector, and reinstall them into a new connector.  It was nothing too complicated, but the pins are tricky to extract normally, and it was hard to reach everything down under the panel.  Mostly it was just very tedious and uncomfortable, but after much struggling I got all the wires swapped over to the new connector, including the RPM wires now connected back to the RPM1 positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment