Monday, October 8, 2018

Glare Shield Installation, part 3 (2)

2 hours

I was thinking about keeping the glare shield just clecoed on for now, but I decided having the floor removed provided enough access for anything I still needed to do, plus the clecos were in the way of the windshield, which is what I want to work on next.

So I removed the everything, deburred, and reinstalled for riveting.  While I was at it I painted the back side of the upper firewall flat black, since the corners of it will be visible from the cockpit.

I riveted the glare shield to the longerons, and I also riveted the curved angles on the front and back.  I'm leaving the panel off for now, and I'm also not riveting the upper firewall just yet, just in case I still need access to anything when I install the fuel tank later.  I put a piece of masking tape over the crevice on each side to keep debris and stuff out until the windshield goes on.  So for now at least, the glare shield is done!




No comments:

Post a Comment