Sunday, December 30, 2018

Control Stick Grip (2)

2 hours

Since I'll need the stick installed to finish my mixer setup, I figured I might as well work on it while I wait for more hardware to show up.

The plans don't specify what length to cut the grip tube to, they just say make sure it clears the instrument panel with your chosen grip installed.  I'm using the same grip that Sonex used on their factory plane, so I guessed that whatever's depicted in the plans will work for me.  I measured the plans, and it's 130mm protruding from the aluminum part.  I held half of my grip up to the stick at that length, and it looks about right!


I cut the tube to that length with a hacksaw and drilled it to the aluminum part with the taper pin reamer.  I had an extra taper pin lying around that was broken, so that's temporarily installed for now until I get a new one.  I installed the grip, and I think it looks pretty good!  I'm going to run a wire through the stick for a couple buttons, but I didn't get around to that yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment