Sunday, January 13, 2019

Control Mixer, part 2 (2)

2 hours

I had to order a few bushings and things before I could attach everything to the mixer, so once I got that stuff I went back and rigged everything.

The long elevator pushrod needed to have a hole drilled in it to set its length, and with the tight quarters I had to get a little creative with a right-angle adaptor for the drill and a short bit, but once I got the pilot hole drilled I just removed it and drilled the final hole outside

The only other issue I ran into was that the large washers on the ruddervator pushrod ends obstructed the full range of elevator travel.  I had to hammer the washers into a dish shape to build some clearance, and luckily my wife had the perfect tool for that in her arts and crafts pile.  I later found out they sell washers in this shape for the exact same reason (rod-end bearing clearance), but these will work.  Once I got that figured out I got everything attached to the mixer!









No comments:

Post a Comment