Sunday, January 6, 2019

Upper Firewall (2)

2 hours

I thought this was going to take like five minutes but it actually ended up being a pain!  With the tank installed, the glareshield is now pushed into a slightly different shape than it was when I drilled all the holes for the upper firewall, so about half of them didn't line up anymore.  I had to remove and install the upper firewall a bunch of times to figure out where to drill new holes, and then drill them very carefully to avoid drilling into the tank which was right there.

Eventually I got the firewall riveted, but the tank is so close to the back of it that a few of the rivets didn't even fit all the way into their holes.  I tried pulling them anyway, but two of them got stuck without being seated all the way.  I'm sure I'll have to slide the tank back a bit later to install things to the upper firewall, but for now I couldn't possibly drill these rivets out without hitting the tank.  So I'll fix them later!




No comments:

Post a Comment