Saturday, November 16, 2019

Rudder (5)

5 hours

Holy crap it's been 6 months but I'm finally back at it!  I've been busy with house projects, work, and other stuff so the poor plane just sat in the garage.  It's time to get back to work!

Anyway I figured I'd start with a relatively simple part and bust out this rudder.  The drive horn plate needed a few degrees worth of bend.  I thought I had already bent all the plate type parts that needed bending, but I guess I missed this one.  I don't have my arbor press anymore but with a little finagling I got it bent acceptably with my little vise.




Next I cut out the skin.  Just like the ailerons I used snips to carefully cut it to the lines.  Pretty easy although I sliced the crap out of my hands, also just like the ailerons.


I fit everything together, which was simple.  The plastic cap at the top didn't fit that great at the tip, but there wasn't much I could do about it so I just got it as close as I could.  I might add some filler later, or more likely just leave it!




No comments:

Post a Comment