Monday, June 28, 2021

Interior Reassembly (2)

 2 hours

This was quick and easy and got a lot of parts off my shelves!  With the seat totally done, I went ahead and installed the cockpit side panels, stick boot, and seats.

I had to cut some extra clearance into the side panels for the big wire bundle, and the canopy switch on the other side.



I had to take the stick grip off to get the boot on, but besides that all the upholstery just velcros to the seat.





My little dude found it comfy enough so I think it's good to go.



4 comments:

  1. Your seats look great. I was wondering are those the Sonex supplied leather heated seats? The pictures I've seen of the Waiex B prototype show what looks like leather seats but they appear to be just a thin, one-piece back and bottom cushion with no side bolsters whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind I have another question about the cockpit. How is the baggage area accessed? I have not found any pictures showing this. Is it just through the small triangular opening above the seat back or is there another way to access it? I really love the Sonex and think it fit my needs very well but I'm just trying to get as many questions answered before committing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a couple people add a hatch on the side of the fuselage, but otherwise yeah just through that triangle area

    ReplyDelete