Saturday, March 11, 2017

RH Tip Rib Part 2 (2)

2 hours
With a little more sanding I got the tip rib pretty well fit and pilot drilled to the skin.


It fit great everywhere except a couple spots right at the leading edge, so I made a couple shims out of scrap sheet to fill in the gap.  I think if anything it might need a tiny bit of body filler but that's a problem for much later!


I was puzzled about how to drill the tip to match the pilot holes in the flange at the end of the main and rear spars.  While looking at the other wing tip to see what I could figure out, I noticed that I could see through it if I held it up to a light!  So I pulled the tip back off, put a flashlight behind it, and reinstalled it.  Then I could easily see the shadows of the holes I was trying to match.



 The tip rib is done for now, until I got back and updrill the whole leading edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment