Saturday, March 4, 2017

RH Wing Skins Part 1 (5)

5 hours

Now that I'm confident the wing is square, I put it back on the table and leveled it at both ends before starting on the upper aft skin.

I pretty much just followed the Sonex instruction sheet and started drilling the skin to the ribs working from the rear spar to the main spar.  It is a lot of holes!








Once I had all the holes drilled I was pretty much out of silver clecos, so I started updrilling everything to #30.  I got a little carried away and updrilled the holes along the main spar and root doubler which I shouldn't have done!  Not the end of the world but it'll make fitting the forward skin and the doubler a little trickier.

Anyway with the upper skin looking good, I got my wife to help me flip the wing over and I started on the lower skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment