Sunday, May 7, 2017

Landing Light, Part 3 (2.5)

2.5 hours

I now have the landing light installation pretty much done!

I trimmed and fit the lens according to the instructions, which was not as complicated as it appeared at first.  I got an okay fit, but I think I kind of goofed up the very last step, which is trimming the bottom edge.  I ended up with a good fit on the outboard side but a bit of a gap on the inboard side.  I spent quite a while trying to improve it without much luck, so I decided to just continue and if it bothers me later I'll just make a new lens...  Duckworks sells replacement lenses for $15 anyway.





Good fit on the outboard side

A bit of a gap on the inboard side.  I might redo this lens later to fix this... maybe.




After that, I took the leading edge skin back off and finished installing the light mount.
Next I'll run the wires and pitot/static tubing, and then it'll be finally time to rivet the leading edge on for good!



No comments:

Post a Comment