Sunday, May 21, 2017

LH Wing Squaring & Leveling (1)

1 hour

Just like the other wing, before starting on the skins I had to make sure the wing was both square and free of any twist.  I started by leveling the main spar the long way, and then I used a plumb bob to locate the pilot hole at the end of the rear spar at wing station 19.0.

I assumed the brace I made for the other wing would set this wing right where it needed to be, but it was actually about 1/2" off.  I spent a little time trying to figure out why, and then I gave up and just adjusted the length of my brace to set this wing properly.

Then I put the wing flat on my table and shimmed the main and rear spars until they were level with each other throughout the length of the wing.  Finally, I pulled the upper aft skin out and cleco'd it to the rear spar so I can start drilling it tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment