Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Aft Fuselage, part 3 (1)

1 hour

It's the third day of staring at this thing and it's finally starting to make sense.  I slid the whole thing backwards on my table so the tail hangs off; that way I could sit on the floor with my head inside the fuselage and I could reach most of the parts inside there.

The aft bulkhead, shear web on the top side, the longerons, side skins, tail post, and a couple of channels all connect to each other in various ways inside this small area.  It is a bit of a puzzle figuring out which parts need to be installed and removed, and in what order, to be able to drill everything and not have something else in the way.  I'm going to have to be real careful when I start permanently installing parts later to make sure I don't block anything before I'm done with it!






No comments:

Post a Comment