Friday, October 13, 2017

Aft Fuselage, part 6 (4)

4 hours

More progress today.  I got all the tail end parts reinstalled.  The order I ended up going with was to cleco in the tail post, then rivet the bulkhead to the lower forward angle and the shear web, then install all that as one piece and cleco it in.  Then I installed all the bolts in the shear web and tail post upper angle.  Now everything that's left I will easily be able to rivet!





While I had the fuselage right side up I also installed these shoulder belt mounting points.


Once I got all that done I flipped the fuselage again and updrilled and removed the lower skin.  There were a few holes at the front corners that weren't predrilled in the skin, and there wasn't really access to drill them from the other side.  I ended up using these little hole finders to locate them in the skin.  You just stick them in the holes, lay the skin over, and whack them with a hammer and it center punches the holes.





Finally, I took the skin off again and installed all the bolts in the very back of the tail.  I had to use a long extension to get at some of them!






No comments:

Post a Comment