Sunday, June 28, 2020

Cowl Side Vents (2.5)

2.5 hours

While the cowl was still nicely attached to the plane I went ahead and got the side vents mostly fit.  The vents aren't mentioned in my version of the plans at all, but Sonex published a revision with the required info on the website: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/documents/plan_sheets/SNB-WXB-P13_Detail_P.jpg

Installation is pretty straightforward; I just cut the top and aft edge of the holes first, then cleco'd the vents in place.  Then I cut the bottom and forward edges to fit the vents.  The plans say to just glue the vents in place.  I think I will glue them and use the clecos to clamp them in place white the glue sets.  If it seems sturdy I'll just patch the little holes, and if I decide I don't fully trust the glue I'll put rivets through those holes as backup.







Luckily it doesn't interfere with where I plan to install the battery!


No comments:

Post a Comment