Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Upper Cowl Fix (0.5)

0.5 hours

After scratching my head for a couple days about how to address the huge bulge at the center of the windshield skirt, I finally figured it out.

First I added another fastener on each side of center to constrain everything a little more in the middle.  I'm already using way more fasteners than the plans called for, so I figured what's a couple more.


Then I just cut the little strip of material in front of the fuel door, right in the center.


Then all I had to do was file a tiny bit of material off each side until the two halves sat flat next to each other, and then drilled them to both the firewall flange, and the cowl.




All fixed!  The little tiny seam is not perfect, but it's way better than that bulge was.  I can live with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment