Monday, May 24, 2021

Canopy Switch (2)

 2 hours

Yet another little project.  I wanted to have a switch somewhere that would detect whether the canopy was closed or not, so the G3X could warn me if I ever tried to take off without it secured.  Initially I had thought of using this type of switch, but I couldn't really figure out where to mount it.  After asking on the Sonex forum, I got a recommendation for this type of switch instead, which was a little easier to work with.  I decided to mount the switch on the upper longeron, just in front of the canopy latch, so that it would only be triggered if the canopy was closed all the way AND the latch was all the way forward.


Once I got it mounted the rest was easy really, I just configured it on the G3X and now it generates a Caution any time the button isn't pressed.  I think it can also be programmed to make an audio alert if I set takeoff power with the canopy open too; I'll figure that out later!





No comments:

Post a Comment