Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fuel Supply Line Changes (2)

 2 hours

I'm back!  Another deployment is in the books and now I'm trying to remember where I left off.  Besides finishing everything that still needs to be done to complete the plane, I have generated a few extra projects while I was gone too.

First one to tackle is the fuel supply line.  After doing some research I realized I should add a fuel filter, so I re-did the line from the tank to the firewall.  I also took the opportunity to move the fuel flow sensor closer to the tank in hopes of making it as accurate as possible, and adjusting the position of the shutoff valve to make it easier to reach from the seat.

The fuel filter is from Jegs (link), and it was the most compact serviceable filter I could find.  I had to shorten my "flexible" line by about an inch with this new setup, so it's not really that flexible anymore, but it's just flexible enough to connect to the firewall bulkhead fitting, so it's good enough I guess.

Here's what the supply line looks like now:



No comments:

Post a Comment