Monday, June 14, 2021

Autopilot Servos (2.5)

 2.5 hours

With the floor on, now I can finish up the autopilot servos.  I had it mostly figured out from before, but it just took a little messing around to find the right hardware that would allow everything to move through its full range without binding anywhere.


The only potential issue I ran into was that the roll servo pushrod would run into the top of the hole in the rib that I ran it through, at full stick deflection.


I thought I might have to change some stuff, but I checked with the seat on, and the stick still hits either side of the hole in the seat way before the pushrod touches anything.  I had already checked with Sonex earlier, and the ailerons themselves will limit the stick travel before it hits the seat, so I know nothing here is going to mess with the aileron travel.




Also, now that I know that, I was able to shorten my roll servo arm a little bit.  I just drilled some more holes in my custom arm and then cut off the long end a bit to remove the extra holes I'd never use.  2.5" was the length I ended up using.


No comments:

Post a Comment