Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ailerons Part 2 (3.5)

3.5 hours

Continuing with the ailerons, I cut out the LH skin.  As usual it went much faster than the first one!


Next I cut out the two notches in each skin.  The first one accommodates the counterbalance weight.  It fit perfectly!



The other detail is the slot for the drive rib.  I cut these out with a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool.  I couldn't find my tiny round file though, so I'll have to buy one and tidy up these slots later.


You can see here the slot needs to extend just a bit more upward for the rib to fit.

Both skins done minus some touch-ups on the drive rib slots.
Next I busted out the piano hinges.  I had a nice hole template made from a ruler that I made several years ago, but it got destroyed in a previous move, so I had to build a new one!  Once that was done the hinges only took a few minutes.



 The last thing I did was lay out the holes for these skins.  Now it's time to watch football!


No comments:

Post a Comment