Saturday, August 1, 2015

Finishing stabilator ribs and spar caps (1.5)

1.5 hours

Today I rebuilt the last stabilator rib (actually the very first one I built) which I had done kind of badly back when I first started. I also managed to straighten out the one rib that got a tiny bit bent while in storage. So now I have all the stabilator ribs done (as long as they all fit and I don't have to redo any).



Next I started cleaning up the spar caps. They come laser cut with pre-drilled pilot holes, but that leaves a lot of serrations on the edges and flashing around the holes. The bending brake also left some marks, so I'm working on buffing them out. I got a good start but there's still a bit more to do.




Once the spar caps are all done I'll be back to where I left off, which is assembling the internal structure of the stabilators!

No comments:

Post a Comment