Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Stabilator Forward Spar Assemblies Part 4 (1.5)

1.5 hours

Picking up where I left off yesterday, went ahead and riveted the RH forward spar assembly together.


Here's the completed part:


After the RH spar was done, I had to repeat the process of cleaning up and deburring the LH side.  once that was done I riveted the LH spar.


Both spar assemblies complete!


The next step will be assembling the stabilator structures.  I realized that some of the joints call for flush rivets, which need dimpled holes, so I went ahead and ordered the Super Simple Dimple Die from Sonex.  After about five minutes of research I decided that would be the cheapest and easiest way to dimple the holes, and I'll need it later anyway for leading edge skins.



No comments:

Post a Comment