Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Stabilator Forward Spar Assemblies Part 3 (2)

2 hours

I picked up a #12 drill bit from the hardware store after work today, so when I got home I started by enlarging the 3/16" holes I drilled yesterday to attach the clips to the forward spar assembly.  It hardly removed any material, but now the bolts now actually fit through the holes... but it's still a tight fit!


With that task done, I took the clips back off, stashed the hardware for now, and attached the leading edge rib (SNX-T04-06) to each forward clip.


I installed two of the four rivets on each one, but the two closer to the angle were not accessible by either my hand riveter or my pneumatic one.  So I'll have to figure out how to pull those rivets later.


For now I just left them like this and put them back on the shelf until later.


Next I took my RH spar cap and channel back apart and set about cleaning up and deburring both parts for the last time.   The channel didn't take long, but the cap took quite a bit of filing, sandpapering, and Scotchbrite wheel-ing.


This doesn't look much different than it did yesterday, but a lot of work was done since then!  This is the RH forward spar assembly ready for rivets.  I ran out of time today, so I will rivet them tomorrow and then start on the LH assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment