Sunday, August 2, 2015

Starting on Forward Spar Assemblies (0.5)

0.5 hours

Today I decided to take a break from cleaning up the forward spar caps, and started laying out the forward spar assemblies.

At first I was a little disturbed because my spar caps look significantly different from the drawing.  I thought I had seriously misplaced the bend on both of them!  Then I remembered there had been a revision to the WIX-T11 drawing which moved the bend centerline.  After looking up the revised version on the Sonex website (Link), I determined my spar caps were right on after all.

However, the WIX-T10 drawing that I have (rev A) still shows the old spar caps, so it's different from what I have.  I emailed Sonex just to confirm I'm still locating the spar cap and channel correctly, and to find out how I can get the updated (rev B) T10 drawing.  It's Sunday so I don't expect a reply today, but I'm going to wait until I hear from them before I drill any holes in the spar channel.


I also spent a little time organizing and setting up my work area, and it's looking pretty good now!  In a future post I'll show my setup and the tools I've been using.

No comments:

Post a Comment