Thursday, August 20, 2015

RH Stabilator Skin Part 2 (2)

2 hours

Not too exciting, just more work on drilling the skin to the internal structure!

 
I decided that before I got too much further I should also drill the ruddervator hinge to the upper flange of the aft spar.  Even after pilot drilling and cleco'ing the whole top surface the skin was still under a lot of tension, so I just opened the top of the skin back up and drilled the hinge to the spar alone.  That way I didn't have to worry about the whole stackup staying lined up.  I drilled every other hole in the hinge, and then closed the skin back up.  It was still a tight fit, but having the holes all drilled made it a lot more manageable to close up.  Once I got a few clecos installed it was easy to get the whole skin attached again.

Now all that's left is to finish updrilling the bottom and then I can take everything apart and deburr all the holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment