Saturday, December 31, 2016

Left Main Spar (3)

3 hours

Cranking away on the left main spar.  Since I already did most of this on the right spar this went pretty fast!  It's just about done, I just need to bolt down the outboard vertical stiffener and tiedown fitting, and rivet the tip rib angle and it'll be all done!

These 8 bolts were still kind of a pain to torque down, but it went faster than the right side did.

The holes on the root rib attach angles don't quite all line up with each other, so I clamped them together and drilled through both using the aft angle as the master.  Then I used the aft angle to transfer the holes to the spar web.  Once the holes were all enlarged to 3/16" they lined up just fine.  On the right side, I tried to do all this with the angles clamped to the spar and it was a pain.  This worked much better!




Root rib attach angles and wing attach block done!

No comments:

Post a Comment