Friday, December 30, 2016

Wing Attach Blocks Part 2 (1)

1 hour

Conveniently, my Aircraft Spruce shipment included a 3/16" reamer, so I used that to finish all 3/16" holes on the wing attach blocks.


I want to use a reamer to drill the 1/2" holes on the right wing blocks, but I don't have one yet.  It's on the way.  In the meantime, I decided to enlarge the holes to 15/32" so they'd be ready for the reamer as soon as I get it.

Once I got up to a 3/8" bit, I determined that it was getting increasingly unsafe to hold the parts on the drill press by hand, so I made a quick trip to Harbor Freight for a sweet $17 drill press vice.  I probably should have bought one a few years ago!  Anyway that made it real easy to step up these two holes to 15/32".  Now I just need my big reamer and I can call these done.




No comments:

Post a Comment