Friday, December 23, 2016

Starting to figure out the wings (2.5)

2.5 hours

Today I spent two and a half hours getting started on the wings, and for more than half of that time I just stared at the plans wrapping my brain around how everything will go together.  The Waiex B-model comes with pre-assembled wing spars, which will save a ton of time.  There are still several parts that I'll need to bolt to the spars, however, before I can start attaching ribs.  The airframe kit doesn't come with hardware, and Sonex isn't selling complete B-model hardware kits yet, so I think I'm just going to order the nuts and bolts that I need to complete this part now so I can get started.  Then I'll order the rest of the hardware later.

Correction!  Sonex just started selling the B-model hardware kits a couple weeks ago.  I'm still going to just order the hardware I need for now though since it's only a few dollars, and the complete hardware kit is over $1300!


No comments:

Post a Comment