Friday, May 22, 2020

Alternator, Starter, Intake, Lower Spark Plugs (1.5)

1.5 hours

A few more assorted things before I start on the exhaust and turbo.

I assembled the alternator according to the instructions.  My stator doesn't have the orange potting on it that the instructions and the DVD depict, but it's the right part number so I guess they have updated it.  Anyway the alternator went together without any issues.






Next I installed the starter.  I'll have to remove one of the bolts later to add a ground strap so I left myself a note to remind me to add Loctite and torque the bolts down later.

Finally, I installed both intake elbows on top of the heads.  I think I've read that the intakes can block access to the upper spark plugs, but I double checked and with the included spacers you can get at them without any issues.  I left the upper plugs out for now because I still need to mess with the valves more, but while I was thinking about plugs I went ahead and gapped and installed the lower ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment