Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Valvetrain Remediation (2)

2 hours

I got two new pushrods in the mail from a helpful forum member, so I went back to figure out the valvetrain on the right side cylinder head.

I found before that cylinder #3 needed slightly shorter pushrods than #4, so I used the measuring tool again and this time measured the intake and exhaust for #3 separately and made a specific pushrod for each valve.

Here's what I ended up with.  These four pushrods fit each valve on the right head from aft to front (#3 exhaust, #3 intake, #4 intake, #4 exhaust).


The shortest one is about 1/8" shorter than the longest one.  I couldn't find anything wrong with any parts, so I think the difference is just inconsistency within the rocker assembly.

Anyway, with that done I finally got the right head assembled and the valves adjusted.  I had to go buy some slightly shorter bolts for the valve covers too, because the stock ones bottomed out before the covers were on tightly.  So I got that done too.


No comments:

Post a Comment