Sunday, July 12, 2020

Oil Lines & Firewall Stuff (5)

5 hours

I needed a break from working on the baffle, so I started working on the various external oil and coolant lines next.

The first one I made was the long AN6 hose that returns oil from the bottom of the turbo back to the oil pump.


I used this silicon fusion tape to provide some abrasion resistance wherever the hose would touch the engine mount or anything else.



For now I ziptied the hose to the bottom of the engine.  I'm not sure if that's sturdy enough, so maybe I'll attach it with something more substantial later.



Next I formed the little AN4 hard line that goes from the case, aft to a bulkhead on the baffle.


An AN6 hard line will connect these two fittings, but I'll wait until the front area of the baffle is finalized before making that one.

    
Anyway from that bulkhead on the baffle, an AN4 hose goes to the oil filter, and then another one from the filter to the top of the turbo.





Once I had a spot staked out on the firewall for the oil filter, I figured I might as well place the coolant pump as well.  The short pieces of blue hose are 1/2" ID silicone heater hose as called for in the plans.  The barbs on the pump are actually 5/8", but the silicone is flexible enough that it still fits so I could still use the 1/2" to 3/8" adapters I had already bought.



The output from the coolant pump connects to the back side of the turbo.


No comments:

Post a Comment