Monday, September 18, 2017

Aft Fuselage Lower Skin (1.5)

1.5 hours

This big skin comes mostly ready to go, I just had to drill a bunch of pilot holes and cut a big hole according to the plans.

I laid everything out carefully, then got to work!


I didn't trust my hole saw to cut perfectly to the edge of the hole, so instead I plotted the center of each corner radius, cut a 1.5" hole in a piece of scrap with the hole saw, then used that to trace the 3/4" radius I needed around each corner.  Then I drilled my 1.5" holes with the hole saw just inside if the actual center.  That way I could creep up in the line with a file later.



Anyway, I drilled the four corners, then connected them with a Dremel cutoff wheel.  Then I used my nibbler to cut real close to the line, and finally I finished all the way around with a file followed by a scotchbrite pad.






No comments:

Post a Comment