Wednesday, September 13, 2017

RH Aft Fuselage Side Panel, part 2 (2.5)

2.5 hours

The RH side panel is now just about done!  I went through and updrilled, duburred, and riveted everything the plans directed me to (so, everything except the upper longeron and forwardmost channel).




The 5th channel gets the little rudder cable fairlead block that I built yesterday.  I wasn't sure if there would be room for the nearest rivet that would attach the channel to the skin, so I moved the block over just a tiny bit to make room.  I think I would have been fine to just center the block over the hole in the channel in retrospect, since the rivet ended up being short enough to not touch it.  I'd just have to rivet the channel to the skin, then rivet the block to the channel last.  On the next one I'll just center it!




No comments:

Post a Comment