Sunday, September 3, 2017

LH Wingtip + Wingtip Lights (5)

5 hours

I just about got the wingtip done today.  I think it's ready to rivet.  



On the right wing, I just centered the light on the wingtip.  Later on I realized that it wouldn't be visible at all from above.  On this wing I located the light at the top edge so it'll poke out past the top surface of the wing a little and be able to be seen from above.  I'll have to go back and fix this on the other wing later.

I ran out of 3/32" rivets, so I'll add the other three nutplates here when I get some more.

For reference, these are the #6 nutplates I'm using to attach the light fairings to the wingtip.

I also got both lights mounted to their little fairings with #4 nutplates.

On the first one I oriented both nutplates the same way, but I should have turned the aft one 90°, since the skinny end of the light doesn't fully cover them this way.

This way is better!


Both lights mounted

For reference, this is the hardware I used to mount the lights to the fairings.

And here's the part number for the lights.

And here's where I got the fairings: http://www.gaugepods.com/aircraft.html

You can see here how even mounted at the top/outboard edge, the light still only barely sticks out past the top side.



View from the top side looking down
 

No comments:

Post a Comment