Monday, September 11, 2017

More Aft Fuselage Side Panel Parts (1)

1 hour

I got a bunch of hardware in the mail today, so I spent some time organizing all that.  I tried to put together these pulley assemblies, but unfortunately the spec'ed bolts were a little too long.  I'll have to pick up the next shorter size and assemble them later.


Next I tried to bend these former clips.  I thought they'd be a cinch to just bend with my hand seamer, but I guess the bend radius ended up being way too tight because it just snapped when I got it close to the required angle.  Two failures in a row!!!


After that, I started on the little fairlead mount blocks, which are made from 3/4" phenolic sheet.  I hadn't worked with phenolic before, but it ended up being pretty easy to cut on the bandsaw.  It just creates a lot of dust.




No comments:

Post a Comment