Sunday, September 10, 2017

RH Aft Fuselage Side Panel (2)

2 hours

With most of the parts created, I started piecing together the first side panel assembly.  All the channels had predrilled pilot holes that match the skin, so they're super easy.  The longerons don't, but they're pretty easy to locate, clamp, and then match drill to the skin.  The top longeron is placed flush with the top edge of the skin, and the bottom longeron needs to be offset up 0.025" from the bottom edge, to accommodate the floor later.  I thought it was going to be tricky, but I found a spare piece of 0.025" material that I could use as a spacer that actually made it real easy.





At the forward edge, I fit the upper and lower splice pieces.  The upper one was straightforward.





The lower one took me a minute, because I noticed the parts I had didn't look exactly like the plans (the plans showed some extra material removed on the left end).




I couldn't tell for certain if this would interfere with anything later, so I went ahead and made my parts look like the drawing.  15 minutes on the bench grinder and we were all set!



No comments:

Post a Comment